📝 This is a special message, so you don't need to unsubscribe from your weekly updates. If you don't want to hear about podcast news from Sensible Woo, click here to silence anything else about this... and you'll still get your Tarot reading on Saturday!
The one where we cast all the parts...
It's rather befitting that the second episode of The Last of Us, titled "Infected", is the ride-or-die episode and I got to put one of my ride-or-dies on the mic to talk about it. Sarah and I have known each other for a very long time.
Fun facts about yours truly, I have taken acting classes for over two decades. It's always been my secret me-time activity that has helped me scratch my acting itch but also set me up for success in public speaking, creating marketing content, and teaching large groups of entrepreneurs.
Sarah and I met in a scene study workshop many moons ago, when I still lived in Los Angeles, and since then she has become a bonafide working actor with her SAG/AFTRA member card and I ran off into the sunset to become a business coach so I could wear sweatpants all day.
As I was scripting out the conversation topics for this podcast season, I saw this episode had a strong duality in it:
(1) There is the character dynamic of your trusted teammates
(2) There is the production dynamic of how roles are never unique to one individual and stories can be told multiple times in multiple ways.
Sarah is still pretty new to the world of being a business owner and she was fearless in her recording session with me. Together we found all the words and figured out the things we wanted to say. All that time we banked, building up emotional trust as acting buddies, really paid off.
If you pay attention to the multiple layers of nuance in this episode, you'll also spot the additional example of demonstrating ride-or-die actions IRL.
Looking for the transcript? 👀 You can always get transcripts, show notes, and links on my website in the podcast archive when you click here.
Podcast Episode Title:
Ready to talk about pivotal relationships? Join us as we dive into the world of "The Last of Us" and uncover the unexpected parallels it holds with the world of entrepreneurship. Our host Mary Williams and guest Sarah Allyn Bauer explore the journey of Tess and Joel, reflecting on their transformation from a surviving duo to the emergence of new connections.
We explore the intricate bond between characters Tess and Joel, drawing lessons from their resilience and partnership. Through the lens of fiction, we unravel the importance of adapting to uncertain situations, meeting challenges with patience, and finding beauty in the midst of chaos.
Join us in uncovering how the journey of these characters sheds light on the entrepreneurial landscape, offering valuable insights for navigating relationships, business challenges, and the pursuit of hope. Tune in for a thought-provoking conversation that bridges the gap between storytelling and business acumen.
Quote from the episode
Discussed in this episode
- Embracing uncertain situations in business and life.
- The bond between characters Tess and Joel.
- Reflections on the complexity of relationships in fiction and reality.
- Extracting business lessons from storytelling and character dynamics.
- Meeting challenges and uncertainties with patience and adaptability.
- The significance of building supportive networks in both personal and professional realms.
- Transforming ugly realities into beautiful experiences in business.
- The impact of external factors on entrepreneurial journeys.
- Recognizing the value of understanding customers’ preferences.
- Navigating through unexpected twists and turns in both storytelling and entrepreneurship.
- The Last of Us video game created by Naughty Dog
- The Last of Us television series on HBO
- Bittersweet by Susan Cain
- Casting agents: https://www.instagram.com/ericasbreamcast, https://www.instagram.com/ccrcasting/, https://www.instagram.com/bettymaecasting/, https://www.instagram.com/sarahfinncasting
This episode has been sponsored by
We have amazing sponsors for our premiere week! I am beyond grateful for these incredibly generous individuals and their businesses. You'll hear them mentioned on each episode this week and you can start giving them some love by checking out what they offer through these links:
✨ The AK Collective with Amber Kinney
✨ Secret to Thriving Online Communities with Tonya Kubo
✨ Everyday Effectiveness with Gwen Bortner
✨ Custom Learning Atelier with Beth Salyers
- Subscribe to Sensible Woo’s free newsletter sent weekly with a free reading for your business included! Want more? Upgrade to the extended weekly Tarot & Akashic readings made exclusively for your business for just $9 per month.
Sarah Allyn Bauer
Break the Glass exists to help growing businesses, nonprofits, and individuals excel in the ever changing social media landscape. Connect with Sarah on her website, IMDB, Instagram + Facebook, additional Instagram + Facebook.
- Host, Writer, Producer: Mary Williams
- Sound Master: Chris Martin
- Marketing Support: The AK Collective
- Recording Studio: Melrose Podcasts
Support this show!