📝 This is a special message, so you don't need to unsubscribe from your weekly updates. If you don't want to hear about podcast news from Sensible Woo, click here to silence anything else about this... and you'll still get your Tarot reading on Saturday!
The only way out is through it...
This week I feel like the Universe knew exactly what would need to drop when it drops. And this podcast episode is the perfect example of it. Erica Courdae hopped on the mic with me in Richmond and we recorded so much material that you're getting a 2-part episode. The first half airs this week and you'll get the second half next week.
This 2-part episode takes us through the season finale of The Last of Us, which features an ending full of debate, unfinished business, and unclear conclusions.
Sounds like life. Especially right now.
Erica was my final guest interview that was recorded in a studio. We talked for almost two hours on September 20th until about 10pm. Fast forward to today, October 18th, and so many of these topics about what happens when people disagree... how we do & don't process difficult moral decisions... and the considerations of humanity... they're happening on the world stage in current events.
If ever there was a time to really FEEL the analogies between the entertainment you consume and the life that you live, today is that day.
Never fear! We still swear like sailors on this podcast 😛 and take the coaching industry down by many notches with a scathing dissection of questionable ethics in the current business landscape.
Pop your popcorn and pull up a chair with your headphones... we got you, Boo. 😘
Looking for the transcript? 👀 You can always get transcripts, show notes, and links on my website in the podcast archive when you click here.
Podcast Episode Title:
In this week’s episode, we delve into the thought-provoking themes and powerful life lessons inspired by the acclaimed TV series, "The Last of Us." Join our host, Mary Williams, in a stimulating conversation with Erica Courdae, an expert in discussing complex topics. Unpack the changing dynamics of identity, survival, and leadership as they relate to the show's unforgettable characters.
Discover the parallels between the fictional world of "The Last of Us" and our own lives. Explore the profound impact of messy endings and the importance of authentic self-expression in business and personal growth. Get inspired by the characters' evolution and how it mirrors the changes we experience throughout our entrepreneurial journeys.
We examine the intriguing concept of long-form content's resurgence in a world dominated by short messages and why it's essential for understanding the depth of human experiences. This episode is filled with thought-provoking insights on navigating complex topics and the transformative power of genuine conversations. Don't miss this engaging and enlightening discussion on the School of Moxie podcast, where we embrace life's messy endings and explore the ever-evolving journey of identity and success.
Quote from the episode
Discussed in this episode
- Identity and Change: Analyzing the transformation of characters in "The Last of Us" and its relevance to real-life identity shifts.
- Performative Actions: The discussion on the performative nature of behaviors and the need for genuine self-expression.
- Navigating Difficult Conversations: Insights on handling complex topics as entrepreneurs, inspired by the TV series.
- The Impact of Messy Endings: How the show reflects the complexities of life's conclusions and how businesses can learn from this.
- Evolving Relationships: The dynamics between Joel and Ellie and how it mirrors the evolving landscape of business and identity.
- The Role of Leadership: Examining the characters' leadership styles and how they evolve in response to challenging circumstances.
- Long-Form Content Resurgence: The importance of long-form content in an era of short, concise messages.
- Personal Growth: Delving into the personal growth of the characters in "The Last of Us" and its implications for real-life personal development.
- Self-Preservation vs. Sacrifice: The complex balance between preserving oneself and sacrificing for a greater good.
- Navigating Life's Gray Areas: The need to appreciate the nuances of human experiences and the complexity of personal growth.
- The Last of Us television series on HBO
- The Last of Us video game created by Naughty Dog
- Bittersweet by Susan Cain
This episode has been sponsored by
From Sensible Woo...
📬 Upgrade to the extended weekly Tarot & Akashic readings made exclusively for your business for just $9 per month.
Erica supports Imperfect Allys in taking imperfect action. She facilitates a space where you can ask questions and admit you don’t have all the answers — maybe even any of them at all. She’s here to help you become a more inclusive leader without letting the perfection trap get in your way. Figuring out how you can move from implicit to explicit® values, evolve the way we show up for ourselves and others, and to grow our influence, together. She holds this space through coaching + consulting, the Pause on the Play® podcast, and the Pause on the Play® community. Connect with Erica at her website, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Host, Writer, Producer: Mary Williams
- Sound Master: Chris Martin
- Marketing Support: The AK Collective
- Recording Studio: GoodPeeples Studios
Support this show!