I didn't expect this phrase to stick out so much, but it came through so clearly when I set up the Bundled Mastermind and now I'm finding it attaching itself to almost everything I'm doing in this first quarter of 2023:
This is the year when you do things differently.
This is the year you get ROI (return on investment) in your decisions.
I don't always pick a word of the year and in the last few years, I've chosen milestones or concepts more than a word. The Leo Sun & Leo Moon in me (yes, double Leo, which explains soooo much 🦁) would like to believe that this is because I'm uniquely special. 🤦♀️
Au contraire! The choice of a concept is really quite intentional. I learned years ago when I was a baby entrepreneur that a word is just a word. But actions... #oof. Those actions... they get you every 👏 dang 👏 time.
This year we started with a boatload of crazy ass astrology. Maybe the word of the year should have been "retrograding." 😜 But even when we're not in an energetically slow start to the year, I typically don't formally set the theme right away.
You see, I want to use it as my guiding light so it probably won't be trendy and it definitely cannot be taken lightly. What the heck do I need as an anchor point?
Well, this year it started to form about the week of Christmas. Then I rode with the energy through the solar new year and by Lunar New Year, I was certain, this is my anchor for 2023:
Structure & Discipline
I feel like those words and concepts have drawn some negative connotations in our modern tech-heavy world and I want to bring them back into my life. My major re-connection with these concepts was during my medical ADHD screening in Q4 of 2022. I learned through that process that I was given a massive gift throughout childhood: structure + discipline.
I found a whole new appreciation for my parents with their daily & weekly routines, the classical music training I engaged with all the way through college, and a personal expectation that was fostered in me to never expect anything less than commitment to my commitments.
It's the anchor that keeps my pinball machine brain from running amok. It's the anchor that helped me pick my life back up after years of financial abuse. And it's the anchor that's helping me through the current phase of my healing journey with physical health & well being.
Structure & Discipline. They're the pair that go together. They're the BFF ride-or-dies for Sensible Woo systems.
My goal this year is to help you make friends with this super cool group and turn them into your power club. What will really blow your mind is when you realize your intuitive gifts are best served with structure & discipline as well.
tip of the week
My spiritual crowd loves to talk about doing "shadow work" and I saw this rise in popularity during the pandemic lockdowns. I think it happened because people were less distracted and had to be with themselves more, which is going to naturally lead you into some deeper self-examination.
Well, in entrepreneurship (and especially the sensible + woo intersection that I love to work in), there's shadow work to be done! This week we're talking about codependency. It's a major concept with deep values that I base a lot of my policies on. When someone demonstrates strong codependent behaviors, I actively avoid selling to them. I have some strict rules like a total-no-refund policy... on purpose... because it makes most people stop in their tracks like a great pattern interrupt.
Conscious decisions > Unconscious reactions. All day. Every day.
In this video, you'll get a full breakdown of the ways I've seen codependency show up in the coaching world. I also show you how (1) all of us have fallen into this common behavior trap, (2) that you're not a bad person if you've become codependent on a coach or a community, and (3) that this is the year we do things differently. This is the year that you empower yourself to find the resources that help you... Not holding you back just to keep your payments coming into their business.
Here's what I am inviting you to take action on this week:
- Watch the video and leave me a comment about how you'll empower yourself this year. Did you recognize any of these scenarios in your own experience? It can be really freeing to realize you're not alone.
- Subscribe to my channel so you don't miss more of this... bonus points for sharing with friends. 💕
Would you like to see the 2023 Incubator sales page... like, 90% done? 🤓 You might be looking at me through this newsletter like, "Umm, Mary, why would you show something if it's not done-done-done yet?"
- Because I'm a nut for peeling back the curtain on building stuff. I wish more people ahead of me had done this sooner.
- Because the more it's normalized for you to see someone else in process, you'll realize just how much *you* have also done.
- Because even in its un-finished state, it's still ship-able. Which means, YOU can also ship your offers. (See what I just did there? )
- Because as a weekly reader, I think you should get first viewing rights.
In just a couple of weeks, you're going to hear some really amazing podcast episodes (yes, plural) between my sales & funnel & messaging expert, Danielle Klemm, and myself. Danielle is in the Bundled Mastermind, so if you ever wanted to get actionable coaching time with the person I've been working with since the end of July 2022... that's a big ass hint to look at the offerings section below and hop in there.
Now that you can see the page in all of its unfinished glory, here's my punchlist of improvements so you can also see where I'm headed with it. (If you tend to open these newsletters late, you will likely find some of these things have been done. 🎉)
- I need to proof the entire thing. With a fine toothed comb. I have not checked spelling, grammar, or sentence structure for the eleventy billionth time... YET.
- I still have testimonials coming in. We are all humans with busy lives. I love my Incubaes for being brave and willing to share their experiences. I'll roll them into the page as the rest of them are ready!
- I still need to break up the copy so it's not a wall of text. Words and phrases need formatting so they're highlighted to give the skim-readers an easier time of it.
- I still need to record a couple of readings specific to the enrollment window that will pop up at the end of the page just like you get each week in this newsletter. The section has been created, but it's not active on the published page... yet!
- I still need to adjust image sizing and text layout. Every browser and device views pages differently, so I have to test them all and make it so that overall the experience is similar across browsers and screen sizes.
As Danielle has reminded me many times, this page is an experience and a journey. It's a story and it's meant to hold you by the hand as you take a few moments to walk through the Sensible Woo Incubator world. Enjoy!
|Check out the 2023 Incubator (early viewing) here!|
The bundled mastermind is here! We started this week and had a SUPER juicy discussion about productivity on Thursday. 🥳
If you open this when I send it on Saturday, February 4th, you have time to join me with the amazing Tonya Kubo who will provide expertise around community strategy. If you've been wondering what to do about your sleepy Facebook group or how to handle preparing your membership this year, then you'll want to hop in this discussion.
Last week I thought it would be fun to do some math and holy replies, Batman! Y'all had some real response to this... feel free to break down your own offers and see how they're landing for you and your audience. 😉
The idea is that what we pay for is what we pay attention to. There's a place in the world for the freebies, but this event is not one of them. Because this was so impactful, I'm going to reiterate it again this week...
Looking for the schedule of sessions?
You can get that right on the info page when you click this button, below:
|Sign up for the bundled mastermind here!|
this week's message
Take a moment to feel into the center of your body... don't over think this! Which of these images do you want to click on?
Enjoy your reading. 🤗