📝 This is a special message, so you don't need to unsubscribe from your weekly updates. If you don't want to hear about podcast news from Sensible Woo, click here to silence anything else about this... and you'll still get your Tarot reading on Saturday!
Let's do some coaching...
We are now heading into the reflection portion of season 1 and I'm kicking it off with a solo episode featuring coaching reflections. This is all for *you*. 💕
One of the things I wanted to model on this podcast is how we can get more from everything around us when we redevelop the muscles of focus, attention, and commitment. There is so much to be learned this season from what my guests modeled for you on the mic.
This week I walk you through some of those lessons and if there's one thing I know as an intuitive guide and coach, it's that in this season of deep reflection (just ask this week's astro-weather 🌦️) sometimes hearing the words from another source helps you integrate the bridges you're building in your life right now.
If you've been waiting for the production notes... hang tight because they're coming next week! 🤓 Start with this episode this week on your internal work and next week we'll shift into the actions you take to produce your own season if that's what you want to know about.
Looking for the transcript? 👀 You can always get transcripts, show notes, and links on my website in the podcast archive when you click here.
Podcast Episode Title:
Welcome to the School of Moxie, where business meets entertainment in unexpected ways! In this episode, host Mary Williams takes you on a journey through the first season, drawing insights from the HBO series, The Last of Us. Discover the power of analogical thinking as Mary and her guests unravel entrepreneurial secrets using TV show narratives. Explore the theme of completion and its parallels in entrepreneurship.
Reflect on the importance of stepping outside your comfort zone, especially for neurodivergent entrepreneurs, and the need for a human touch in the business world. Dive into the world of shadow qualities, individual perspectives, and the evolving nature of businesses, much like TV series storylines.
Join Mary in a personal reflection on the season, recognizing the bravery of her guests and the transformative impact on both herself and listeners. As the season concludes, anticipate sneak peeks into Season 2. If you're an entrepreneur seeking inspiration, authenticity, and practical insights, this episode is your guide to rewiring your business brain and embracing the moxie mindset. Tune in for an engaging blend of entertainment and entrepreneurship wisdom.
Quote from the episode
Discussed in this episode
- Analogical Thinking: How using analogies, especially from media and entertainment, can enhance business communication and problem-solving.
- Completion & Entrepreneurship: Drawing parallels between finishing a TV series and completing business goals, emphasizing the importance of setting deadlines.
- Stepping Outside Comfort Zones: Discussing the role of low-stakes endeavors in overcoming fears and starting, especially for neurodivergent entrepreneurs.
- Humanity in Business: Reflecting on the collective need for a human touch in business, especially in the post-pandemic era.
- Reflection & Integration: Encouraging listeners to take moments for reflection in the fast-paced world of entrepreneurship for better information integration.
- Shadow Qualities: Exploring the importance of engaging with the shadow side of oneself, delving into discomfort and addressing jealousy or criticism.
- Individual Perspectives: Recognizing that different guests resonate differently, prompting listeners to reflect on their own feelings and reactions.
- Business Evolution: Discussing how businesses, like TV series, go through quieter phases and big storylines, urging entrepreneurs to embrace the rhythm.
- Authenticity & Visibility: Encouraging entrepreneurs to show up authentically, even when it's uncomfortable, and using discomfort as a guide for business evolution.
- Seasonal Reflections: The host's personal reflections on the season, gratitude for brave guests, and a sneak peek into Season 2.
- The Last of Us television series on HBO
- The Last of Us video game created by Naughty Dog
- Bittersweet by Susan Cain
This episode has been sponsored by
From Sensible Woo...
📬 Upgrade to the extended weekly Tarot & Akashic readings made exclusively for your business for just $9 per month.
Mary is the CEO and founder of Sensible Woo, home of The School of Moxie Podcast. A librarian by trade, who established herself in the entertainment industry as the digital archivist for a major animation production studio, she has consulted for not only entertainment companies, but also marketing agencies, tech start-ups, and non-profit fundraising organizations. For the last eight years, she’s been a business coach for highly-sensitive, neuro-divergent business owners, championing the focus on systems and data management as a solid foundation for sustainable businesses that scale. The motto at Sensible Woo is that you are always your best system, which means embracing the magic of your intuitive side is just as important as the data your business produces. Mary has been an online content creator since 2010, which makes her a tough old bird in the online entrepreneurship community and you should definitely ask her about all the crazy shit she’s seen people do online over the years. You can travel with Mary as she records guests in studios through her weekly emails, YouTube, Instagram, and Threads.
- Host, Writer, Producer: Mary Williams
- Sound Master: Chris Martin
- Marketing Support: The AK Collective
Support this show!