📝 This is a special message, so you don't need to unsubscribe from your weekly updates. If you don't want to hear about podcast news from Sensible Woo, click here to silence anything else about this... and you'll still get your Tarot reading on Saturday!
Take your time this week...
This week we're taking a moment to breathe after all nine episodes have aired for The Last of Us. Before you jump into the next thing or making conclusions without digesting everything... May I suggest this very fine episode of the School of Moxie podcast? Just like a fine wine (which we also talk about this week 🍷), this episode shows us just how beautifully all of these ideas and perspectives have aged like the good stuff.
Stephanie's episode is very special because, as you'll hear in the episode, we got together to record this in and around our birthdays in July. In fact, it was the invitation to have Stephanie on my podcast that kicked off the travel-to-record-in-person thing. When I realized that yes, I did want to be in Nice to record (and then found a studio seemingly overnight), I knew it was meant to be!
Have a listen with us this week to digest everything you've been hearing and watching with us so far this season. Stephanie gives us some beautiful framework because she's living the expat life in France. Her perspective of being part of it but being on the outside is deeply resonant.
Looking for the transcript? 👀 You can always get transcripts, show notes, and links on my website in the podcast archive when you click here.
Podcast Episode Title:
In this week’s episode, join host Mary Williams and special guest Stephanie Ayars dive deep into the emotional and thematic aspects of The Last of Us, shedding light on its compelling narrative.
Stephanie Ayers, a seasoned expatriate living in France, shares her personal journey, showcasing the resilience and determination required to thrive in a foreign country. The episode explores how the entertainment industry influences our lives, from business ventures to cultural perceptions.
Moreover, it delves into the similarities between the characters Joel and Ellie in "The Last of Us" and the challenges faced in real life, emphasizing the value of stubborn determination and adaptation.
Throughout the conversation, the hosts highlight the impact of storytelling, both in gaming and in business. They celebrate the community-building power of podcasts and the profound moments of gratitude in daily life.
This episode is a testament to the ever-evolving nature of career goals and the inspiration that can be drawn from both entertainment and real-life experiences.
Quote from the episode
Discussed in this episode
- The Last of Us - A Powerful Tale: Exploring the depth and emotional resonance of the popular video game.
- Living Abroad - Stephanie's Journey: Delving into Stephanie Ayers' personal experiences as an expatriate in France.
- The Intersection of Entertainment and Business: Examining how the entertainment industry influences other aspects of life, including business and culture.
- Resilience and Determination: How Joel and Ellie from The Last of Us embody qualities that parallel real-life challenges.
- The Value of Stubborn Determination: The importance of relentless pursuit in both creative and business ventures.
- Embracing Change: Adapting to new environments and thriving in foreign cultures.
- Community Building: Recognizing the impact of podcasting and creative content in bringing people together.
- Gratitude in Daily Life: Reflecting on the small and big moments that shape one's journey.
- The Evolution of Career Goals: How personal aspirations change over time, leading to new paths and growth.
- The Role of Entertainment and Inspiration: Discussing the power of storytelling in motivating people to overcome challenges.
- The Last of Us television series on HBO
- The Last of Us video game created by Naughty Dog
- Bittersweet by Susan Cain
This episode has been sponsored by
From Sensible Woo...
📬 Upgrade to the extended weekly Tarot & Akashic readings made exclusively for your business for just $9 per month.
Stephanie started ALCHIMIE because she has an endless passion for entrepreneurship and a natural curiosity about new ideas. She has been in marketing for more than two decades, with several years running two of her own businesses. Stephanie has had the honor of being a part of brand new companies, companies celebrating an IPO, and world-renowned companies with offices around the globe. During the pandemic, Stephanie followed her dreams to France, where she now lives and works. You can connect with Stephanie on her website and LinkedIn.
- Host, Writer, Producer: Mary Williams
- Sound Master: Chris Martin
- Marketing Support: The AK Collective
- Recording Studio: Nice Sound Studio
Support this show!