📝 This is a special message, so you don't need to unsubscribe from your weekly updates. If you don't want to hear about podcast news from Sensible Woo, click here to silence anything else about this... and you'll still get your Tarot reading on Saturday!
We've hit the top 25% of podcasts... in 48 hours! 🥳
Thank you so much for listening to our premiere week for The School of Moxie Podcast! In just two short days, the podcast has passed the milestone metric and is firmly placed in the top 25%. I was saying yesterday that if only 2 people listened I'd be thrilled. 😂 M'thinks I am not the only nerd with fancy earbuds in the room... 🤓
Today you *still* have a grace period to ease into this, so you have time to watch the pilot episode titled "When You're Lost in the Darkness." As a neuro-divergent person, you will always find me looking up facts about the show I'm watching while I'm watching it. So, if you have found yourself doing that as well... you're about to get a nice scratch for that itch today!
When I was watching the show as it was airing each week on HBO, the main person sharing all the emotions with me was Renee Bowen. We would both post Instagram stories and reply to each other in the DMs and it brought our friendship from an Instagram hangout into the real life spaces of a recording studio. When I say this is what media can do for us, this is what I'm talking about. Sharing an experience together through something not-for-business is, in my experience, the best way to build a strong collaborating friendship.
Renee has a very unique perspective as you'll hear on today's episode. She and I talked about celebrity, fandom, and brand building... and her conversation was soooo good, we recorded longer than an hour in the studio, so I've split her episode with the first half this week and the second half at the end of season one. I think it's important for all of us to approach our listening exercise on this podcast with some self-reflections about our personal desires and expectations. This episode is going to have you thinking about it throughout the rest of the season.
Looking for the transcript? 👀 You can always get transcripts, show notes, and links on my website in the podcast archive when you click here.
Podcast Episode Title:
Join host Mary Williams and special guest Renee Bowen in the first of a two-part captivating discussion that will help you examine your own relationship to the business of influence and notoriety. Explore the intricate relationship between celebrity influence, entrepreneurship, and personal development through the lens of the HBO original series "The Last of Us."
Explore together, how celebrities like Pedro Pascal masterfully navigate branding, authenticity, and connection to create lasting impact on both the entertainment industry and the world of business.
Uncover the parallels between actors' on-screen personas and entrepreneurs' business personas, and learn how to harness your unique magic juju to stand out amidst content saturation.
Gain practical insights and inspiration to confidently embrace imperfection, take actionable steps, and elevate your personal brand in the dynamic landscape of modern media.
Quote from the episode
Discussed in this episode
- Celebrity Influence and Entrepreneurship: Exploring the intersection of celebrity status and entrepreneurial success.
- Personal Branding Magic: Unveiling the charm and authenticity behind Pedro Pascal's on-screen and off-screen presence.
- Messaging Consistency: The importance of delivering a consistent brand message across different platforms.
- Embracing Imperfection: Overcoming the fear of imperfection and taking steps to create content despite self-doubt.
- Humanizing Celebrities: Understanding that celebrities are human too, and dealing with nerves and challenges in the public eye.
- Content Creation Strategies: Encouragement to produce content regularly and let go of perfectionism.
- Authenticity in Branding: Recognizing the power of authenticity and relatability in connecting with audiences.
- Navigating Comparison: Overcoming the temptation to compare oneself to more established celebrities or entrepreneurs.
- Longevity and Success: How sticking with a venture over time can lead to lasting impact and recognition.
- Uniqueness in Business: Embracing your personal magic juju to stand out and leave a memorable mark in your industry.
- The Last of Us video game created by Naughty Dog
- The Last of Us television series on HBO
- Bittersweet by Susan Cain
- Movie: Kingsman - The Golden Circle
- Interview: The Graham Norton Show
This episode has been sponsored by
We have amazing sponsors for our premiere week! I am beyond grateful for these incredibly generous individuals and their businesses. You'll hear them mentioned on each episode this week and you can start giving them some love by checking out what they offer through these links:
✨ The AK Collective with Amber Kinney
✨ Secret to Thriving Online Communities with Tonya Kubo
✨ Everyday Effectiveness with Gwen Bortner
✨ Custom Learning Atelier with Beth Salyers
- Subscribe to Sensible Woo’s free newsletter sent weekly with a free reading for your business included! Want more? Upgrade to the extended weekly Tarot & Akashic readings made exclusively for your business for just $9 per month.
Renee helps creative entrepreneurs with spicy brains find clarity and regulation through coaching, courses and her podcast, Tried & True With a Dash of Woo. She offers high level 1:1 coaching as well as group coaching, in addition to photography education online courses and hypnosis tracks. Connect with Renee on her website, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, and LinkedIn.
- Host, Writer, Producer: Mary Williams
- Sound Master: Chris Martin
- Marketing Support: The AK Collective
- Recording Studio: Melrose Podcasts
Support this show!